Monday, December 7, 2009

Version 3.0

I finally got back to the sewing machine and made another pair of fingerless gloves. I cut into the black sweater and was able to get 4 pairs out of it - this is the first one. And it has a thumb - yay!

GloveBlackFlower

I ordered some of this premium wool felt from here to embellish the remaining pairs. Wow, this felt is sooooo much nicer than the 35% wool/65% rayon from the local craft/sewing store. I am glad I splurged (the felt cost more than the thrifted sweaters!).

Now I need to crank out 3 more pair of black, 3 pair of pink and maybe a couple of ivory before Christmas. I am shirking all my other responsibilites at this point so I think I am going to have to give up the dream of getting it all done.

2 comments:

  1. I've ordered similar felt from Magic Cabin. Not sure how the prices compare but its an option... You're right, nice felt is so much better to work with but so expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you got yours. Thanks for sharing. I'll check Magic Cabin out too. A Child's Dream is in Sandpoint, ID, so the shipping is pretty fast to Eastern WA.

    ReplyDelete