Sunday, December 13, 2009

Toffee!


IMG_0071
Originally uploaded by dippitydo2000
Lots and lots of toffee. I plan on sending it out to friends and family. It's from the 101 Cookbooks blog. It was easy to make and tastes wonderful - butter, sugar, chocolate and pecans always taste wonderful though, don't they? I have a few more baked goods to make to add to the packages. My goal is to get it done and shipped by Wednesday. Wish me luck!

We had Nick's 6th birthday party this weekend also. I'll try to post pictures of the robot cake and goodies if I get a chance. The holiday is bearing down on me though and I feel I am running out of time to get everything done.

2 comments:

  1. I love toffee!!!! But I'm to chicken to try to cook anything that requires a candy thermometer... :) I'm sure yours is great and your family will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, you're so kind! I used a thermometer for the first batch (a recipe from Smitten Kitchen) and burned it anyway. By the second batch of this recipe, I had ditched the thermomter and relied on the look of the sugar/butter mixture when it was ready. I think it is actually pretty easy to figure out once you have made a batch or two. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete