Sunday, January 17, 2010

To Do List

Things to do, you know, in case you have a break in your hectic life.

Pie1

Make this sour cream apple pie. Really, do it. Mine is in the oven right now and my mouth was watering as I was making it.

Join a CSA or shop your local farmer's market. I signed up again this year and can't wait for May when the first drop takes place. My freezer is stocked with extra produce from the summer but I really miss the fresh onions, lettuce mix and odd items that you can't get at the local store.

Do a toy drop for the Toy Society. You don't even have to make a toy - a gently used book or stuffed animal will do. Trust me, the excitement of dropping the toy where someone will find it is the best part.

Make your own unmentionables. I attempted to make a pair by tracing a pair I already own but, whoa, too skimpy because the fabric didn't have enough stretch. That's not going to deter me from trying again.

Use up your stash of yarn/fabric/burlap/etc. (I'm putting this here for me, since I seem to head out to buy more rather than use what I have).

And, finally, enjoy this new year! I, for one, am looking forward to a great 2010.

3 comments:

  1. The FAMOUS pie! I keep hearing about it, I might have to make it one of these days... And I just don't know about making my own underwear... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is the second site I visited today featuring this pie. Must be it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm this is the second mouthwatering pie I have seen on blogs today and now I have a craving!

    ReplyDelete