I hit up Value Village on Saturday and found three cashmere sweaters for a total of $18 and some change. There were a few more but the condition and colors weren't so great. I may have to go back and get them though because I am over the moon with how these fingerless gloves turned out.
Here I am pretending to be a hand model with not so good results (ignore the man hands, please!).
For the ruffled pair, I cut up the front of the sweater into two rectangles and two long strips. I zig-zagged the edges of the long strips and sewed a gathering stich down the center. On the rectangles, I did a little hem were the thumbholes are, sewed the ruffle on, hemmed the bottom and then sewed up the side, leaving the thumbhole open.
The other pair with the buttons was made from the sleeves. I did the thumbholes, bottom hem and side hem as above and just stitched on the decorative buttons.
I still have the back of this purple sweater left and two more sweaters - one black and one ivory with tiny cables. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to work on them this week.
Thanks for reading!
3 years ago