Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm still here

It has been a loooonggg time since my last post. I guess one of the reasons is because I really hate taking photos and I feel like I can't post without pictures of my project/recipe/etc.

In any case, I have been sewing quite a bit and even managed to make a couple of things that I can wear (about 2/3 of the things I make for myself never make past the sewing room trash can).

Today, I spent about 4 hours sewing this tent for our neighbor as a gift for his 6th birthday. The tutorial is great and I think it would have taken much less time if I hadn't added the trim, window and little pocket inside. I think it is quite impressive and it cost a little over $7 in materials. Wow!

Tent3

My son, test driving the tent:
Tent2

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow you're alive. :)

    Nice job on the tent, wow!

    I can't sew clothing, I just can't. All my seams are wonky and I have zero patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am alive! Thanks for stopping by Lori - I really look forward to your comments and was hoping I'd hear from you again after my long absence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you made that tent?
    I bought a $20 one from World Market and it's kinda cheap but man, yours really rocks. The windows the best. Rad.

    ReplyDelete